Sonic ReStyled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I haven't forgotten this place.

2 posters

Go down

I haven't forgotten this place. Empty I haven't forgotten this place.

Post by Krobonik Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:42 pm

I have no idea if you still check this place RAD, but if you do, I want you to know I haven't forgotten. Every now and then, I think back to my days at the original SonicStyle forums, and have a bit of a nostalgia attack. Today was one of those days. I have so many fond memories of that place. I miss the community. All of us just gathering together to talk about our mutual love for a little blue hedgehog. All our silly little usernames. Hell, I even miss the drama.

I must have been about 11 or 12 when I originally joined SS. I even remember the first thread I ever posted introducing myself. Throughout my time there, I made so many friends, and even a few enemies lol. I could do a whole write up on my experiences on SS (which I may do here at some point) but for now I just wanted to do a quick little post to remind you that there are people out there who still remember those times.

It honestly made me both really sad and happy revisiting those memories today. Happy for those experiences, which will stay with me for as long as I am able to remember them, but sad that such a wonderful place has essentially been removed from the internet and largely forgotten. I still to this day do not understand why Demx took down the forums. If you have any insight about that, I'd love to know. I wish he never did, because it would bring me so much joy to revisit the official SonicStyle forums one more time, even if they'd be completely different by now.

When I came back here to make this post, I couldn't help but feel a great deal of regret. I quickly scanned through some of the posts, and saw your attempts to revitalize this place and bring everyone back together. I wish so much that I had tried harder to help with that. I was indifferent at the time, but if I could go back, I'd make more of an effort to post here and help out. I am deeply sorry about that.

I have set up email notifications for both this thread and my private messages here, so if anyone from SS sees this, I implore you to leave a reply or PM me. I will most definitely check back here ASAP if I receive an email. Perhaps it is too late, but I would love so much if this place could remain alive as the last bastion of hope for keeping the old gang together. If there is something that can be done to help that, I will most certainly do it. I am more than open to brainstorming ideas to keep this place alive and readily available for people looking to keep in touch, and I'm always happy to reminisce about the good times we had here. I would love it if when you googled "sonicstyle" this place was the first thing to show up, increasing the chances of old members finding us.

Well, that's all for now. I really rushed this post. I didn't even really get to proof read it since I'm in a hurry, so please excuse any typos. I have much more to say, but I'll save it for another time. Thank you so much for your efforts to keep this place going RAD. I hope someone sees this, and if not, then at least I tried. Just remember - as long as one person keeps the memory alive, then SS will never truly be forgotten.

Love you all,
Krobonik
Krobonik
Krobonik

ss_speed likes this post

Back to top Go down

I haven't forgotten this place. Empty Re: I haven't forgotten this place.

Post by ss_speed Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:15 pm

I was actually trying to google some of my old, crappy spritesheet edits and accidentally ran across this site, and o-faced when I saw I was the newest registered user, immediately remembering what this place was 😆

I honestly think about the SS forums too every now and then, it was the first place I ever interacted with on the internet (when I could, I only had internet access when I was at my grandma's house on the weekend or my cousin's house every now and then) and man, I was young af and suuuper dumb lol I was like 12 or so as well. Pretty much everyone was really cool about it tho, I don't have any memories of anyone jumping all over anyone else for being dumb, but there were lots of cool people who were more than happy to help explain stuff to anyone who didn't know. I remember someone teaching me in pm's how/where to download sprite sheets and how to edit them. I honestly don't thing I'd be the artist I am today if it weren't for SS (for better or worse depending on your pov 😆) because that person helped me get started with digital "art"

Nowadays, I make music and do nasty furry art 😆 won't share that here, but if anyone sees this, you can find me on discord @DamonDeet#5358 I'd love to catch up! I love you
ss_speed
ss_speed

Back to top Go down